Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Finally Home

So Tuesday night I was talking to Jess and Kip and they informed me that there is a national weather warning for a blizzard in Utah starting at 3 PM tonight and going until 8 AM Wednesday. They told me to check it out and look into changing my flight, because my flight was originally arriving in SLC at 9 PM tonight. I was also talking to my mom and Kyle and they mentioned this as well (thank goodness for everyone looking out for me because I wouldn’t have known this if it weren’t for them). So I looked it up and found this to be true however when I called to change my flight Delta was currently just watching it and hadn’t officially put out an official warning. Because of this and the huge fee (190) I decided to hold off until morning… Long story short when I called to change flights come morning of course all of the seats were now filling up super fast because everyone wanted to get into SLC sooner rather than later because of the storm and there were no available seats except first class… =( I was not about to pay ($800) so I decided to chance it and just stick it out… But I was still really worried because I wasn’t about to spend one more day away and especially with Thanksgiving being in a couple of days, I wanted to be home. With that I decided to call one more time a couple hours later and this time they found me a flight leaving two hours earlier then my original flight and only costing ($150) so I decided to do it, as I was getting my credit card I got disconnected from the representative and when I called back magically they had one opening for an earlier flight leaving at 1:10 and the best thing is it was only ($50), so YAY! I then rushed to finish a couple things with the clients, said my goodbyes , went to my hotel, grabbed my bags, checked out and was on my way to LAX. I arrived all ready to board with an hour to spare… ( I thought it would take me longer to go through security). I was able to grab a bite to eat, work a little, shop a little. I finally was sitting in my seat writing this post FINALLY on my way HOME! In a couple short hours I was going to be holding and kissing my baby and not letting him go EVER! =)

The flight was great and we arrived 10 min early and as I looked out my window the skies seemed overcast but no HUGE storm. I was hoping we would make it home before the storm hit, my grandpa and grandma barker picked me up at the airport and as we were driving home at about Farmington the storm came and it was a disaster. We opted to not stop to get my car and go straight to my parents, and I was glad we did because the roads were horrible ( we were going only 40 mph on the freeway but I actually felt safe because my grandpa loves to drive and is an excellent driver). I finally opened the door to find my little one… The feeling to be reunited with your baby after a couple hours, a long day, an overnight or in my case 8 days is indescribable. I fought back the tears as my family was all watching me hug him and kiss him all over. Man I love that kid! We ended up staying at my parents overnight and it was lots of fun…. In the morning my grandpa and grandma Jones took us home! In case you haven’t picked up on it yet, I’m so HAPPY to be home! Noah and I hung out all day, he laid down and I worked for a couple hours.

Tonight we laid on the couch in our PJs and watched “The little Mermaid” eating pudding. It was Noah’s first time watching it and I wasn’t sure how he was going to like it but I was hoping he would because it is one of my favorites. Well sure enough he loved it!

A "Capture It, Remember It" moment:

It was the part where they sing “Kiss the girl”, as I sang along I changed the words to “kiss Noah” and leaned over and planted a big one on his cheek. I didn’t think anything of it when all of sudden the next thing I know thes little lips are kissing my cheek and it was followed by a “kiss mama”. This was a game we played for the next couple of minutes… It was the sweetest thing ever. It’s memories like these that you’ll never forget, and I couldn’t be more grateful at this time for everything in my life.

I’m so excited for these next couple of days off work and for the YUMMY food that I will be ever stuffing my face with tomorrow, the wonderful company of all of my family, relaxing with Kyle and chasing after my little Noah! How thankful I am for all that I have, I truly am blessed.

I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving



Tonight just hanging out...




Noah this morning wearing Uncle Jordan's hat, it's so big you can't even see his face! =)


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I am SO glad you made it home safely! And that you get to be with Noah again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I am glad that you were able to get home safe! That is so cute about him kissing you! You are good to write it down cuz it seems like you will never forget it but then you do! Noah is so lucky to have you! :) It was fun to see you last night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you got home safely and Noah was so HAPPY to see his mom! You are such a cute mom and Noah is the cutest little guy ever. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the brown hair!!! I really am turning into a baby now that I'm a mom because when I read about you being so excited to see Noah after being gone, I almost started crying! Being a mom has turned me soft! :-)

    ReplyDelete