Saturday, May 8, 2010

5K, here we come!

So I've always loved to run especially this past fall I've gotten way into running! Well about February Heather my sister in law asked me if I wanted to run in Ogden's 5K on May 15th, I of course said YES! Well she student taught at Country View Elementary this past semester and they had a 5K so we signed up and thought it would be good preparation for the Ogden race. We both were really excited!

Well yesterday was the Country View's race so ready or not we both set out! It was my first time running in an actually race and I was bit excited but a little nervous for my time and whether or not I would run the whole entire 3.1 miles of it! I actually loved it, and am so excited for this next week's 5K. Heather still isn't too sure that she loved it but thought it was just OK, and maybe isn't so sure she'll continue running after next week. =) She really made me laugh the whole entire time, our pace was pretty much right on with each others and we only walked one time and it was only for like 20 seconds. I came in at 29.22 minutes and Heather was right behind me at 29.38 minutes. We placed first and second in our division and were 37th and 38th overall. Not too bad for our first race... right?

Thanks Jess,Kip and Ty for the wonderful cheering as we were crossing the finish line! I was actually going to take Noah in the jogging stroller however Grandma Lisa and Papa Wade came up with a better offer and I'm sure Noah had way more fun with them! Thanks Wade and Lisa for watching him!

Now the real question is whether or not we can beat our time for next week! My bet is we can, Heather is saying she's not so sure... =)




7 comments:

  1. Way to go Cassie! That is awesome! Good luck with your next 5K. I am sure you will be less nervous knowing how great you did with this one. Let us know how that one goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you go! That is great. I hate to run! But you are a great example! You should come see all of the animals. I bet Noah would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great. It's fun to run in a race. It's just kind of exciting and you have adrenalin to help you not stop running. I've done an awesome 50-mile, 5 team member, each run two legs, relay race both of the October's that we've been here.
    You should come and visit and do it with me this year. You can look back at my posts from October of 2009 and 2008 and see the awesoem fall pictures around the lake that we run around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome! Nice work...I am very impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so proud of you guys. That is an amazing accomplishment. Warren has a 5K the morning of the 4th of July. It is free and really fun. You should run it with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay I am so impressed! I am going to be running this Saturday too but I am going to be pulling up the tail end of this one! :) I can't wait to hear how good you do! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Sean and I (and Cadence) are getting ready to actually run in our first 5K. I've really enjoyed it. I don't think we'll place or anything like you but I'll just be really happy if I can run the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete